Resources

Friday, November 25, 2011

Jake is the MAN



Jake Shimabukuro, ukulele virtuoso is my new hero. He does a version of 'My (Ukulele) Gently Weeps'. So awesome. I can't wait to buy a uke. I've given Peter my Christmas list: uke books, uke tuner, and CDs by Chorleoni and Mountain Man. Woot! It's gonna be a ukulele Christmas at the OK Corral. Wanna join my porch band?

Catherine and I were at Butter Bakery yesterday and Neil Young was singing 'Heart of Gold' on their sound system. "I love this song!" I declared and another customer and I had a conversation about those composers who write great songs but can't sing worth sh-t: Dylan, Cohen, et al. We still love them though. Those guys all were the background music to different periods in my life.

As I write this I can hear Cuan practicing the violin on skype--so funny that there are these sonic layers in our lives.

No comments: