Resources

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Banners and Bamboo

I went to the volunteer tea at the school today which was delightful and had a cupcake theme.

This is the prototype for my next teaching project. Of course the reverse appliqué is inspired by the Alabama Chanin style.

I love this piece of graffiti art that is on the way to the MOP garden. I think I've seen other work by this person around town.

I had a porchetta sandwich at the new place on Cambie beside Choices. It was pretty good--a bit salty in spots where there was more mayo, but I loved the crispy bits of crackling. It really needs to be eaten with an ice cold glass of dry apple cider though. Then it would be perfect. Also coleslaw on the side would rock.

I have developed a wierd candy fixation. Today I had to have chocolate-covered nougat which is one of my weaknesses.

I did go to Anthropologie this past weekend and I felt like screaming I wanted so many things. I also love the decor. People were lined up out the door and they were laden with stuff they were going to buy. Some of the stuff is really high quality, but the jewelry is crap IMO.

No comments: