Resources

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Transition to Summer

Yes, well I still have my wool blanket on my bed, but we are joyful our queen bee is at least laying drones, so she may be a keeper and our hive might be saved.

Read: The latest Elizabeth George--This Body of Death. I felt that the new female lead character Isabelle Ardery was a fail. She is a composition of character components that have been thoroughly mined by other authors and she just didn't hold the novel together. In short, she was a bore. The novel picks up when Linley or Havers are the focus of the action. More of them please. I also felt this was the most Ruth Rendell influenced Elizabeth George I've read, with a heavy dose of Minette Walters in there. I think George is at her best when she adds liberal doses of Romance and Thriller to her work and there is the element of soap opera where we grow to really know and love her main characters, especially Havers and Linley.

Reading: Anthill by E.O. Wilson--especially heartbreaking that it was written before the Big Spill.

Tomorrow's fun summer activity is making chocolate pudding pops.

No comments: