Resources

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finally a Breakthrough

My son is finally interested in cooking. Yesterday we made chocolate pudding* from scratch after he found some recipes for pudding pops in Owl magazine. This is a good place to start. Today we made peach streusal muffins** inspired by some we had from Butter Bakery on the weekend. It's taken a long time, but I am so pleased he is showing some interest in culinary pursuits. Any kids out there interested in recipe exchanges, let me know.

BTW: Hey you people who moved to Ontario, you'd better send us your new e-mail adress! Inquiring minds want to know.

I am very homesick for prairie summer nights, but every time I think about the mosquitoes, the romance dies. Some unidentified insect bit me above my left ear two weeks ago and I still have a welt. Bugs love me.

Peace and luv.

*I felt the recipe didn't need the egg.
** One cup of peaches would suffice.

No comments: