Resources

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

telephone traffic

I wrote a whole performance on my fear of the telephone and today my life was all about the phone. I can go for weeks avoiding the phone and then suddenly I'll have two really important phone intensive days. I'm not one of these people who are tangled up in their cell phones. I see the Other as needy and high maintenance. But it is a relief to sort out all this stuff with that human element of the voice and the humor it can express and ping pong back and forth. I am terrified most of talking to doctors and dentists on the phone, but I did that too this week so I took myself out for chai and gulab jaman as my BIG reward.

Getting it sorted, getting it sorted.

There was a really obnoxious mother in the shop today with a phone gadget glued to her ear. She blathered on about how amazing her children while being totally unaware of how she was blocking me from paying for my groceries. What a twat.

1 comment:

MB said...

ha ha. I love these short funny posts. Yes, as you know, I too have tele-phobia. Texting is my new BFF!