Resources

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Renovating

Survey says the only thing more stressful than renovating is death. I say how do they know? The printer is buried, due to our studio reno, so I have some luscious photos waiting to post. In the mean time I'll just babble about the fabulous morning I had out at UBC helping to capture a swarm and giving bee tours. Sunshine and loveliness. Curious toddlers with their noses pressed up to the glass in the visible hive, and the sound of roosters asserting their masculinity in the background. Eagles circling, blessing the circles of conversation. I am so filled to the brim with love for that place--the familiar fresh earthy and forest smell overlaid with the aromas of warm bannock and coffee. The students change from year to year, but the spirit remains hopeful and restorative.

I headed for City Farmer and the surrounding community gardens to take photos of bees, picked up a Zotter bar at Xoxolat and then headed home. That's one of my favorite walks of Vancouver.

J came by with our new queen, which we put into the hive, but with a wooden plug that we'll remove after about four days so that the hive will be used to her pheramones.

No comments: