Resources

Monday, June 14, 2010

Another Shrinking Woman

I feel I'm getting further and further away from my body, like I am seeing myself get smaller and smaller as I float up and drift away from myself. Even as I feel my waist thicken and my clothes get tight, that thing called “body” becomes as tiny as an aphid feeding on a hops leaf. My rational self says I must exercise, diet, get fit, but there's a part of me that over time has just given in to fatigue, laziness, and heredity. I counted five ladybugs on the hops vine just on the railing to our front stairs. One of them, the littlest, is very horny and keeps humping all the big luscious lady bugs, mounting them from behind and putting a real jiggle into it.

We've just had a brief flash of a thunderstorm and now the sirens are blaring. I wonder if lightening has struck.

Today I spent the day tending to my son's bodily needs. The crutches are gone and now he needs physiotherapy and the physiotherapist says orthotics would be a good idea. I think he's right. I love how the Germans are so concerned with healthy feet. We went to the new library at number one Kingsway--good to know it's open on Mondays. We noshed at the on-site cafe, which is quite pleasant. I had a mushroom crepe which contained some fresh mushrooms (I believe) and some that were pickled, wilted spinach and bechamel sauce. Ules had the chocolate mousse. (No surprise there.) The physiotherapist was very good with Ules and I think gave him an important sense of kinetic awareness. J tried to impress him by letting kinder hold his tai chi sword, but I think he'd have got more mileage out of telling him where all his scars came from.

No comments: