Resources

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Honeysuckle Moms

Happy Mother's Day!!!! On Sunday I was treated to a heart-shaped card with three coupons. One was for a "specially laid breakfast in bed" (kidlet's choice of words), one uninterrupted nap, and one back massage. As you can see, I was given the happy meal right off the bat, which was great and then I read a bit and took my nap. When I woke up I was treated to high tea at Shaktea.



I love the simple egg sandwich made with a smear of hoisin sauce. All the savory items have an Asian touch, which I really like.

Of course there also has to be a scone, a pastry, a square, a chocolate and a macaron. Lovely.

Mmmm, peanutty. After calling my mom, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the garden, potting up plants I bought recently and ones from last year that need more room. I devoured a samosa for supper and called it a day.

Today I see the honeysuckle have begun to bloom. The lilacs are still wonderfully fragrant and the giant red poppies have started to unfurl.

No comments: