Resources

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bleary Eyed and Droopy Tailed

Well, I had a hell of a time trying to go to sleep last night with the buzz of imaginary bees in my ears and the ghost of them swimming and swarming in front of my eyes. In short, I had an anxiety attack and swarming became a metaphor for madness. It's trying to contain this energy that is really quite wild and ultimately beyond one's control that is disturbing. You begin to carry that feeling in your gut. The thing that really bothers me is that I know that that ball of bees that established itself on the neighbor's plank will not move and sure enough, I checked this morning and they are still there.

I like our small hive because it is calm and docile, though at one point yesterday they became quite disturbed as well and I think they may have been raided for honey by the bigger hive, or as Cal says part of the bigger hive may have tried to move in. This is very frustrating. I think the thing to do would be to requeen the larger hive, but I'm going to have to go to the experts on this one. We could try to re-unite the queen in the swarm with her hive because I think they are without queen now. The irony is that tomorrow I am playing the part of the queen bee at the city hall garden party. Sunday May 2, 1-4 pm behind City Hall. Come and check out the garden beds and join in the fun.

No comments: