Resources

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Frites Benny

I was able to have a little getaway weekend to Victoria where spring already has a firm hold on the city. Many of the cherry trees are already in bloom and the air feels gentle and balmy compared to Vancouver. My friend JB took us to his sister's restaurant where we had a tasty brunch in a very funky setting. His father has a beautiful gallery/antique store in a secret room in the back, and apparently the decor in the restaurant changes seasonally with work by featured artists. There are dress-up film noir nights, acoustic music and all sorts of fun events at The Superior. I wish we had a place like this in Vancouver.


JB's son knew he wanted fries and hot chocolate, which came with a small mountain of whipped cream. He entertained us with puppets from his own personal box of toys. My friend loved her scrambled eggs and I was very happy with my eggs benny. I did keep stealing fries from my little friend because the spicy mayo on the side was so delicious. The glass tables reveal objects beneath them such as feathers and crushed glass, but I think our moss table was my favorite.

In the courtyard, there is a temporary installation/fundraiser for Women in Need.


We need more restaurants with courtyards! If you are in Victoria, check out The Superior--they have a boef bourguignon on the dinner menu which sounds fantastic.

No comments: