Resources

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sore Throats and Buttery Oysters

So my son and I were home with colds today, snuggled up reading together and watching the movie of the Spiderwick Chronicles, which I give a five out of ten. I think Tony DiTerlizzi's illustrations are fabulous, but find the writing quite thin. The best parts of the movie are the little house elf Thimble Tack and the Hogsqueal the hobgoblin. I was very disappointed in the characterization of Mulgarath more as a destructive brute rather than a cunning shape-shifter.

I've been thinking a lot about oysters lately and craving the fabulous ones at Maenam. Take a look at the slide show on Bitten and look at how they poach oysters in muffin tins on the BBQ in New Orleans. It looks fantastic! Did ya notice I added a whole bunch more links to the right of the page? Bitten is one of them.

Here's an Olympic Event I'd like to attend, but it's in Edmonton--the Grilled Cheese Olympics!

So here's the address for my new blog, which I'll open softly today. Just to be confusing it's called Potlucky Canuck, to shift into something slightly different. If you don't want to listen to me blathering on about our domestic life, change your link to Potlucky Canuck where I'll do more blurbs on food, gardening and arts about town. I still don't profess to be a REAL food writer because I don't have the chops for it, but I will focus on the culture of food. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: