Resources

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

On Meetings

Meetings. They can be bloody awful, or they can crack open that tough ostrich egg of new possibilities. Today was a good one. People were in a good mood. It sets the tone. There was a new person involved. New energy in the room. There was blue sky outside the window. We reconvened at the Vancouver Community College for a bang-up lunch. I had pork pot roast with an excellent dark gravy with mushrooms, pearl onions and bacon. I also had parsnip and carrot mash and brussel sprouts with pecans for just about seven bucks. It was such good value. And you can sit in a room with quite a good view of some of the DTES heritage buildings. I bought some chocolates and also a whole pumpkin pie, which was less that four dollars. Amazing. Good food and good ideas makes for a happy girl.

I seem to be reading a lot of Swedish mystery novels lately which lead my imagination into the land of deep snow and ice and brutal, gothic tragedy. Reminds me of Saskatchewan! The sense of humour seems as dark and familiar as the landscape. I wish you could get mystery novels delivered to your door like pizza. I'm craving another one right now--a novel, not a pizza. While we're on that topic, my friend Jen is narrating the Nature of Things this week and it's all about forensic science--check it out. You can watch it online right now.

Went to T and T and bought ginseng tea and bitter melon tea as well as soba noodles. We had a simple tofu and veg soba bowl meal tonight. That's one of my favorite meals and I always forget about it.

Meetings: It's all about the attitude. "I make a note," as Beckett would say.

No comments: