Resources

Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Reflecting

Hot Chocolate made with Cocoa West's Poblano Cocoa. Ules garnishes his with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate shavings.

What kind of year has it been for you? This year we didn't have a babysitter, so went out very little as a couple. Our dinner at Parkside and the Christmas party at HSG were two exceptions. I truly got stuck in my epicurean trifecta of Chutney Villa, Aphrodite's, and Trafalgar's. Strangely, I really lost my urge to cook or bake much this year. Too much to do and not enough downtime. Meals at our house became economical in terms of time, money, and effort.

This year I really indulged in my love affair with Indian Sweets. These saffron burfi are one of my favorites.

This year food became pared down and simple for me. It has become a mood elevator and means of sustenance rather than an adventure. I rely on food to keep me buoyant and energetic when I start to flag emotionally and physically. Food is medicine for body and soul. This year my diet has to become even more simplified as I struggle to lose some of "the weight." I plan on being more acetic with my food choices. We'll see how that goes, especially with my love for dairy products and sweets.

Making three nutritious meals a day is part of my job here Chez Zucchini, and I need to be more organized this year to create more variety in our diet. In a word, we've sort of been stuck in a rut, especially with regards to school lunches. I'm going to have to do some research on lunch ideas. Anyway, blah blah blah, that's my New Year's ramble on food!

No comments: