Resources

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Green Eggs and Tofu

Citrus fruits are an essential part of our winter diet. I've been hand-squeezing grapefruit and blood orange juice for breakfast and on Sunday Pierre made green eggs and tofu. I use the green salsa from Sweet Cherubim to give scrambled eggs a kick in the pants.

It was sunny on Sunday so I spent a pleasant afternoon sorting seeds and makign chicken stock. The doorbell rang and my boxes of watch maker's cases arrived by special delivery! I wrote the names of the seeds on the bottom of the cases so students can learn which plant they are from.

I went out in the garden and dug the last little carrots out from under the snow.


Last night we had an excellent 100 mile Community Kitchen dinner. We had homemade bread made with wheat from the Island, squash and potato soup, bok choy with sprouted pulses and Thai basil, and a lovely strawberry rhubarb pie with whipped cream. Ules had some of the pie for breakfast, fork in one hand and book in the other: How to Train Your Dragon.

No comments: