Resources

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ginger-Studded Oatmeal Cookies

The reasons I love fall:

The weather is comfortable enough for gardening, but also baking. The farmer's markets are bursting with produce. I went up to UBC Farm Saturday and could barely drag my rolly home. I bought tomatoes, tomatillos and beans from the Mayan Gardeners. So today I made tomatillo salsa which we ate with Peter's beef stew on quinoa with UBC Farm greens. That's one of my favorite meals

I made oatmeal and coconut cookies from a Sugar Cube recipe and added candied ginger instead of chocolate chips to half the batch. The chocolate chip ones go with Ullie on his camping trip.

Peter is such a great dad, practicing opening the combination lock for school with Ules, gathering all the camping gear, checking to see if Ules can figure out all the snaps and geegaws. I am preoccupied with other stuff so it's good someone's on the ball. I am putting in long days of work, yes, even on Sundays. But that's the way it's gotta be. I'm upping my health regime to boost my stamina. Stay away from the cookies missus!

I am obsessed with Midsommer Murders and Bergerac, alternating between the two series. Sometimes it is comforting background noise, sometimes just an escape.

People's fall rituals are clicking in. I can feel my friends and family hitting their stride. My parents are booking their Christmas trip. Wow. Christmas.

No comments: