Resources

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Truffles and Mysteries

Okay, so I'll admit it. My favorite way to relax is to drink port, watch British mysteries and eat bonbons on the couch. I have found a great source of material to watch and have been going through the Dalziel and Pascoe shows. Today I ran two Christmas errands--getting pretty sick of doing so in the rain. I have been eating chocolates by DC Duby--particularly the fruitcake caramels and the s'more-style chocolates.

Tomorrow I'll be getting an Indian Head massage, which I am very excited about. I had a doozy of a migraine yesterday, but (knock on wood) it has stayed away today. No port for me tonight. I have hidden a stocking stuffer I can't find, but otherwise things are under control. Tomorrow we eat the oysters grandpa C gave us. Yahoo!

I was pondering massages today. I have had different kinds of massages and masseuses for over twenty years. I think I should write about my experiences--from the octogenarian ministrations of Gustav in Manitou Lake to the third-world style acupressure for morning sickness in Vancouver, each experience was uniquely traumatic. A Shiatsu practitioner gave me TMJ and made every fibre of my body swell up in pain. My German Feldenkreis practitioner blamed all my alignment troubles on my overladen top shelf. And so on . . . . Hopefully tomorrow will be all about the pleasure and NOT the pain. Actually I read up on the masseuse and she sounds absolutely lovely.

No comments: