Resources

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Post Christmas Cravings

When I've had one glass of port and one Christmas cookie too many I find myself craving a cleansing soup. So today made a pared down version of my favorite Thai chicken soup, using lemon verbena instead of lemon grass, and cleaning the fridge out of leftover sweet potato, leeks, onions, and kale. I would also love some good miso soup, and that awesome soupy Vietnamese chicken curry. I have also found myself craving pizza, so went to get a slice of my mushroom pizza with its awesome chewy crust at Trilussa. I also love wild rice in soup. I've got to track some down.

We got a big hunk of chevre for Christmas, so tomorrow I'm gonna make a cheesecake!

As I prepare to head to Victoria next month for my annual trip, I am sad to hear The Superior and Daidoco have both closed. All is not lost: Daidoco has been reopened as Ochida with what looks like a similar menu, but the Superior will reopen in February for 2 nights a week as a live event club with rotating chefs.

No comments: