Resources

Friday, May 11, 2012

Chocolate Trip

Well, Peter is in Belgium getting us some chocolate. People are asking what else he is doing there. Do I really care? Kidding. Ules is freaking out about his homework. I keep telling him to break it down into smaller tasks. He seems to feel better after verbal describing what he has to do. I have a daunting couple of days ahead myself. Gardening, teaching, talking, singing: all my favorite verbs besides eating, reading and sleeping.

I have been watching episodes of the Swedish Wallander (not the Brannagh version) and really enjoying them. One of the main actors actually committed suicide before the series was over--a huge tragedy. She was suffering depression and trauma after being in that tidal wave in Thailand a few years back. She played Wallander's daughter.

I also have developed a fascination for the Kathy Reichs produced show called Bones. I'm not a big fan of her books, but the tv series has grown on me. I think it's amazing how much you can tell about a person from their skeleton and I like the comparison between the psychological and anthropological methods of solving crimes. I enjoy the character of the geeky artist/computer programmer. I also like the humor and the sex!!! Oh, and did I mention the cute outfits the women get to wear?

What have we been eating? Green kale sausages from Whole Foods (fail), turkey sliders, asparagus, and a Bananas Foster milkshake which Ullie is researching for French class.

The big red oriental poppies are blooming and our neighborhood smells of lilacs.

No comments: