Resources

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Purple Basil

Every time I have to go to Welk's for something I am tempted to buy a little plant. Today I bought a little purple basil plant for a couple of bucks. He has some new canning jars in the store. They are beautiful.

Smoothie of the day: purple kale, kiwi, ginger, coconut water and orange.
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with goat brie, wilted kale, and turkey sausage
Lunch: Shaktea's Firenze baguette and Assam (Dumni)
Dinner: Peter's pasta
Snack: Matcha Buzz cookies--a recipe I am working on

Potting up marigolds in the back porch, the scent of wet potting soil in the air and CBC comedy on the radio: that is my happy place. Stephen Harper celebrates one year in majority government: that is my sad place.

Writing: Four recipes from my childhood and how I have adapted them with a little help from my friends.

Watching: Callan--Engaging cold war spy drama from Britain, complete with a boss who is oddly androgynous and rolls his r's a lot.

Reading: a cookbook my mom made for me with my grandmother's recipes and photos.

Thinking about: Do teachers have a right to scrutinize what children do on the weekend? Is this the new Big Brother?

Business and schools are structured with a bias to extroverts. Will we look back on this as a form of institutionalized prejudice?

No comments: