Resources

Monday, August 29, 2011

Overcast and Cool

Well, I am glad it has cooled down today. I'm not a big fan of the heat when I'm not in immediate proximity of the beach or a pool.

I'm reading the novels of Jim Kelly, a British writer I hadn't hear of. I've dipped into both of his series and I'm enjoying his work, even though his characters have terrible eating habits and disfunctional relationships with food.

I've been watching more of Tony Shaloub in Monk, which is my favorite comedy show ever.

Dye Pot: I dyed an over shirt a deep purple with the yellow iris flag roots and iron. I tried to create the ombre effect, which is tricky with a hot dye.

Thanks so much for everyone for their suggestions and support in my search for a part time job. I haven't had any luck so far. The market is incredibly competitive and according to one friend it's like you have to be incredibly over-qualified for a job otherwise you don't get a call at all. Anyway, the search continues.

I had my last tea party as part of MOPARRC and celebrated by downing a half bottle of blush. "The times they are a'changing."

No comments: