Resources

Monday, August 22, 2011

August Rain

"The gardens are dry," I think as I fall asleep. Wake up with a sore back and the cool jazz of rain coming in my open window. The radio tells me Jack has died. I console myself with sour cherry pie and ice cream for breakfast.


Read: Seasons of Darkness by Maureen Jennings--a wartime mystery by a Canadian author.

Watched: The Prestige with Hugh Jackman is a film with very choppy editing resulting in a film with an unwieldy narrative arc and unsympathetic main characters. The female actors shine in this tale of dueling magicians.

Dye Pot: Amaranth was a bust, but I bought a crock pot for dyeing and mordants based on a idea from another artist.

Baked: Banana chocolate chip muffins with hemp and another sour cherry rustic tart.

Had a great whirlwind visit with my sister: power shopping (Anthropologie, Kids Books, etc.), power eating (Pied-a -Terre, Thomas Haas and Trafalgars), and spa time (Footworks). We started forming our bucket list. Do you have one? Sis wants to go to Paris. I want to go to Japan.

I am loving the sound and the feel of the rain, but I had an awful sleep so I am feeling quite cranky.

No comments: