Resources

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gleaning Amaranth

Dye Pot: Today I hit the UBC Farm market and bought some salad greens, potatoes and sour cherries. I wanted to try an amaranth dye experiment and so I gleaned some cuttings the gardeners had left on the ground between the rows. It's steeping in the pot right now. I've got some silk I'm going to dye with it. Tomorrow I'm going to pluck invasives with Evergreen at Jericho Park and hopefully score some yellow flag iris rhizomes to dye with.

Watched: I've Loved You So Long written and directed by Philippe Claudel starring Kristin Scott Thomas. What a fabulous movie! It is subtle, elegant, and restrained and it is a rare case where you really see an actress transform a character over the course of a movie. I loved it.

Read: The House Sitter by Peter Lovesey. This was a good mystery with a very satisfying narrative arc.

Job Wanted: For the first time in over a decade I find myself looking for a part time job to keep body and soul together while I do some shifting around in my art practice. I'm looking for 2 days a week or about 16 hours if you hear of anything. I want something non stressful, and preferably even pleasant!

No comments: