Resources

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Love to Read

I love to read. It is one of my favorite ways to get relax, refresh, and get inspired. This week I found a really lovely book called A Slight Trick of the Mind by Mitch Cullin. I can say it's my new favorite. It's about an aging Sherlock Holmes losing his memory, visiting Japan and keeping bees. Apparently it is going to be made into a movie starring Ben Kingsley. I hope the director can reign Ben in because he can be too much of a drama queen for me sometimes.

Also, the author Mitch Cullin wrote a book called Tideland made into a movie by Terry Gilliam shot in Regina, Saskatchewan of all places. Very cool. I must try to track down a copy of the book and the DVD.

I also read another couple of Margaret Grimes novels this week: Dust and The Stargazey. Someone from Britain was critical of her work and wrote a negative review in the margins of the book in pencil. The reader was quite aggrieved that Jury didn't pay for each drink as it was served, but left cash on the bar as he was leaving. True dat.

No comments: