Resources

Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Showers Can Go Away Now

Okay, enough with the rain already. We are now finished with Gilligan's Island and on to Lost in Space which is almost as annoying, but an important pop culture reference to absorb. I had to buy new pea sprouts at the market because the first ones were decimated and you can bet that each one of these precious legumes is under a cloche. I have lost one precious cornflower to slugs, and so the war begins. Wierdly, my germination charm seems to have worn off, must be the change in potting soil. I am currently using a sea soil plus potting soil mix which is quite heavy, so we'll see what happens. Why is it so hard to get decent potting soil? Seems like a license to print money.

Spent the weekend immersed in prepping dried gourds for a school project. Many hours painting gourds, cutting them in half, punching holes in them and covering the insides with wax. I do love their sculptural beauty.

Tried to watching "Coupling" from the BBC which was the most painful excuse for comedy, I have had funnier root canals. Enjoyed a miniseries called The Cazalets--the last episode is particularly well directed and acted. Also, a good length for a series but I could have used one more episode to tie up loose ends. Tried to watch the Coco Chanel movie with Shirley Maclaine, but I could only palate about 8 minutes of it. Typical American hubris--not even attempting a French accent. In a word, depressing.

Did some gardening in the rain today. Like buckets of water being poured directly into my underpants. But I did tackle those invasives yet again.

No comments: