Resources

Monday, March 8, 2010

Growing Old with Grace (I Hope)

This weekend I enjoyed some of my favorite things for my birthday, like almond cha at Shaktea. Maria makes a special version for me by mixing in a bit of crushed organic black sesame seeds. It's mellow and nutty and very grounding.

Ules goes for the chocolate mouse cake and rooibus chai.

These are the tasting pots.

Here's the almond cha with a chicken pesto sandwich on toasted focaccia--perfect for the three-o'clock munchies, or for a quick lunch.

Next we head across the Street to Chocolaterie La Nouvelle France where the guys buy me another of my favorite treats: rich and buttery chocolate caramels.

Finally we head over to the in laws for a family dinner.

Veggies in phyllo cups.

We also had roasted vegetables and a pork roast stuffed with Oyama sausage, bacon and stuffing. It's a favorite! We drank 2001 cabernet franc from Nichol and Burrowing Owl.

To finish, we had a cake with a 1986 Barsac.


A feisty game of scrabble by the fireplace ensued, while I periodically checked the television for the final winners of the Academy Awards. Thanks everyone for a cozy happy tasty birthday!

1 comment:

The Five McKays said...

Happy Birthday! I'm gonna have to check out that new chocolate shop, sounds delicious! Unless you saved me a caramel?! Ha ha:-) xoxo