Resources

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Changing Light

The light is changing dramatically today with winds blowing the clouds at a fast pace across the sky. My friend and I took our sons to Medina for Belgian waffles and chocolate sauce this morning. We were lucky to end up in the overflow room which is in the back, and actually part of Chambar restaurant. The light came flooding in at our backs--something that rarely happens in Vancouver restaurants. I felt a kind of homesickness for light--for a kind of light I crave in certain remembered and imaginary buildings. One of the reasons I look at lifestyle magazines is to seek those delicious places of light. We need more light in our house. I'd like to live in a place that holds light like a translucent clam shell. We peeked in at the cooking school called The Dirty Apron. My oh my, what lovely ranges they have and I covet the communal dining table in the window. That room would make a great studio!

I headed to DeSerres to shop for paint and they were playing Joni Mitchell and I was happy happy happy.

Apparently people are not playing Bingo in the great numbers they used to. I think this is a good thing. Bingo parlors are definitely lacking in light in every sense of the word.

No comments: