Resources

Friday, March 12, 2010

Birthday Stitch n' Bitch

I was really excited to be able to gather a group of my favorite girlfriends together for a good ole stitch n' bitch. "Chef Pierre" agreed to cook for us, and made a curried mushroom quiche and a roasted pepper quiche. We had locally made Bean Boy dips and crackers, and spanikopita.

I made Crimini mushrooms stuffed with garlic, onions, panko crumbs, almonds, thyme, and Parmigiano Regiano.

M. brought delicious fig and goat cheese tarts, which went down nicely with the Prosecco.

She also gave me this darling jar of meringues.

I hadn't made dessert, so I was delighted when B. showed up with cream puffs and strawberries drizzled with chocolate.

After chowing down, we headed to the living room where the knitters showed us their current projects and I handed out a little take-home moth craft I'd devised for the evening. we stitched cut-out moths onto pieces of fabric in tiny embroidery hoops. (I didn't get photos of them because my camera performs so poorly in low light I didn't think I could do them justice.) They were beautiful and some day I'd love to have a show of a bunch of these moths done my people in the community. They'd look great together amassed on a wall.

We stitched, we kvetched, we whined, and we laughed.

We talked at length about the education system and our frustrations with the schools we deal with. It was good to share our worries, our heartbreak, and our little victories.

The kids got to hang out upstairs, watch videos, play games, eat popcorn and stay up late. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Let's do this more often!

No comments: