Resources

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Drop of Water

Today I went to an inspiring lecture on environmental art by Beth Carruthers. I loved the way she stressed that environmental art makes space for community conversations about issues.





The "Too Big to Care Band" played a version of "Old Man River". I love this woman's shirt that says "Stop the Tar Sands." This is OT, but I heard an interview with Jack Leighton as he was flying over the tar sands--you could hear the shock in his voice at how large an area it was. It was the first time I'd heard him speak in an unguarded tone--he should do this more often, as it suits him. Anyway the arts cuts by the conservatives were discussed before and after the key note address. Anyone but Harper, folks....Vote for the environment and the arts. Don't be too big to care!

No comments: