Resources

Monday, March 3, 2008

Mushroom Love




I had homemade perogies with sautéed mushrooms for lunch yesterday. There were also mushrooms in the perogies (made at our 100 mile community kitchen perogy bee), and the hot sauce I ate them with is Silafunghi's superdynamitevegetablehotsauce, made with Italian mushrooms. Have I told you lately how much I love mushrooms?

So it's my birthday this week and I have the happy task of planning the menu, made even happier by the fact that my love is going to make it for me. I'm thinking mushrooms...and some other things. I want honeycomb with blue cheese on crackers, Peter's crab soup, wild rice, sunchoke salad with sunflower sprouts and sunflower seeds, mead, Gewurztraminer, chocolate, and curried mushrooms. Maybe we could have garlicky mushrooms on toast to start with. What should we drink with that? I am in a melted cheese mood too--maybe we should do some decadent cheese toasts, and that garlic toast made with raw and roasted garlic. I'd like some Prosecco. Jewelry would be nice too. I'm into silver these days.

Silver feathers, mauve roses, violet tea cups, chai chocolates...and mushrooms dancing in my head. "Oh Lord won't you buy me a flat screen tv? My chocolate drawer's empty, I'm all out of brie."

Mom and dad took a tour of a chocolate factory in Hawaii this week. Dad climbed up a mountain and fainted at the top. They revived him with a power bar and he soldiered on. What a trooper!

No comments: