Resources

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Resolution Smoothie

How are y'all doing with your resolutions? Today was a good day for healthy eating starting with homemade granola made with flax, oatmeal, hemp seeds, honey, olive oil and pecans. We had some simple DIY sushi for lunch and for dinner Ules had tofu, rice, and apple and I had wild rice, mushrooms, onions, and kale. Instead of a glass of wine with dinner I made a Resolution Smoothie: 1/2 apple, 1/8 cup ginger "juice", juice of 1/2 a lime, a handful of kale, a cup of coconut water and two ice cubes. Of course we had to have a small dessert: a tiny bit of local vanilla ice cream with salty caramel sauce and crumbled ginger cookies from Trafalgar's bakery--an awesome combo if I do say so!

This is my horoscope for the year from Rob Brezny. I love it!

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): In 2013, I pledge to help you feel at peace and in love with your body; I will do everything in my power to encourage you to triumph over media-induced delusions that tempt you to wish you were different from who you actually are. My goal is to be one of your resourceful supporters in the coming months — to be a member of your extensive team of allies. And I will be working with you to ensure that this team grows to just the right size and provides you with just the right foundation. If all goes well, your extra help will ensure that you finish almost everything you start in the coming year. You will regularly conquer everyday chaos and be a master of artful resolutions.

--Jan 3, 2013. Westender

No comments: