Resources

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Germ Wars

With so many viruses and the flu going around, I find the news coverage on this subject very frustrating. So why is there a health advisory administered by the  Fraser Health Authority when apparently Vancouver is not having a really bad year for flu? What gives? And which flu is it? Did they match the vaccine with the right flu this year? It always seems like a crap shoot. And since it is a gamble, I'd like to know the odds regarding vaccine efficacy.

I have been downing anti-viral tinctures and potions and doing the voodoo-that-you-do to ward off the germ nasties. I hope y'all avoid them devils.

I tried my first App! It's a birding App called iBird and I drove P crazy last night playing bird calls in his ear. This is my bird call: app! app! app! More apps pleeeze! Does this mean I have to get an iPhone?! Shocking.

One more big rehearsal before the big concert. Still lots of work to do. We had a concert tonight at a senior's home and the best thing was they had a resident cat. He sat right in the middle of the case for the drum kit and walked through the concert during one of the solos, completely taking the spotlight. Ha!

I think the ingredient of the week has got to be red lentils. Apparently they are hella healthy, so garlic, lentils, chicken stock . . . more fodder for the anti-viral voodoo pot.

No comments: