Resources

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Amazing Book Grace

Wow, I have had excellent book karma this week. First, I read an excellent Icelandic mystery novel called Jar City by Arnaldur Indriðason, and today I read Until Thy Wrath be Past by Asa Larsson. What a great book. This is the best novel she has written so far. I really recommend you read all her books in the order they were written because the main character, Rebecka Martinsson, goes through a series of dramatic events that shape her character and she just keeps getting deeper and richer. What's remarkable in the compassion she has for one of the characters in the book which which becomes a transformative force in the novel. The way the author handles the "ghosts" in her work is elegant and poetic. There's also part of the plot which is about Sweden's fascinating role in WWII. I LOVE this book. This will be a hard act to follow in terms of what I choose to read next.

I am currently writing a lot of letters asking people for permission to use their images and text for the exhibition I'm working on. Quite a lovely part of the whole process so far.

No comments: