Resources

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Busy Bumble Bee

It is so good to be a busy bumble bee. Lots of pressure for my current gig, but challenging and stimulating. I got to visit the bowels of the Museum of Vancouver today and peruse old cookbooks published by the Vancouver Sun. I also put an archivist at the COV archives to work digging up an obscure photo for me and she did it. Respect!

Tomorrow I've really got to crunch the numbers in my budget and make some hard decisions.
I also have a cabaret performance tomorrow eve. No rest for the wicked. Sunday I have to be a bumble bee queen. And I have joined a choir. It's hard work, but I think it's a good match--not totally sure of that, but so far so good.

I've started reading Survivors by Chava Rosenfarb which is a mind-altering life-changing book of short stories. Her women are unlike any I have read in fiction--complicated, passionate, and dark. The stories are quite surreal.

And to treat myself I am watching more episodes of MONK.

We had a lovely dinner last night at the French Table. What a jewel of a place. I will have to start making more serious dosh so we can go more often.

No comments: