Resources

Monday, March 7, 2011

I Can Haz Birthday?

Hello, yes it is my birthday and thanks to everyone for their gifts, e-mails, cards and good wishes. I am over the moon now that spring weather has descended upon Vancouver and yesterday I celebrated by spending many hours in the garden killing invasive plants and other, more pleasant tasks.

We celebrated in style at Trafalgar's where Erik was kind enough to take our photo. Ullie chowed down on a lamb burger and fries, Peter ordered cassoulet and I had my poached eggs on a latke with salmon and spinach. Ullie had mango cheesecake for dessert and I devoured a chocolate fruit tart.

I saw my first honeybee of spring in a hellebore by the restaurant. We went to Pierre's parents for dinner where we had my favorite stuffed pork dish and apple pie with home made vanilla ice cream. Lots of wine, of course including a bottle of 2001 cab sauv from Nichol, which is my favorite BC winery. Have a nice day enough if it's not your birthday!



3 comments:

The Five McKays said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Lori, you look fabulous! And I didn't even recognize Ullie in that first photo, wow his looks are changing! And he's lucky enough to look a lot like you!!!!
xo Erica

MB said...

Happy birthday! Cute fotos. We'll have to celebrate next time I'm in V-Town! How lucky you are to be gardening already...

Beespeaker said...

Thanks Erica and MB. I am ALWAYS game to celebrate!