Resources

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Commuter Angst

Today was my last day commuting out two Burnaby on two buses and two skytrains. It was starting to make me crazy. This past two days alone I witnessed three near fist fights among people who were filled to the brim with anger and raw tension. It was intense, to say the least. I am ready for my Zen time now. Also, high schools are filled with so much psychological turmoil, it is a lot to take in. Some classes are just so complicated. However, I saw some brilliant work and stunning potential which was very inspiring.

I will miss the ginger organic free trade donuts at the Commercial Drive sky train station. Ha! It's probably a good thing I don't go there twice a week. During St. Pat's Day I even had a Guinness flavored doughnut which was surprisingly good.

Bought more gardening books today. It is a sickness, I know. Tomorrow I have to Stellar-Jay proof my raised bed. They are obviously nesting in the area. There goes the neighborhood. Jean, I see a comic strip here.... Zucchini Mama vs. the Stellar Jays. They managed to pull the steel netting off the peas. Can you believe it?

Today the students made fake mustaches and beards out of black cardstock while making their collages. It was actually hilarious, I must admit. I told them they should gate crash the Lady Gaga fashion show the school was holding this evening and they thought it was a good idea. Right on. I told one girl she looked like Dali. "Who?" She'll get a shock when she Googles him.

No comments: