Resources

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkin Overload

My body is achin' today from carting around a giant pumpkin yesterday as a teaching aid. We went to the school garden, cleaned it out and harvested the basil. Then we made pumpkin seed pesto and roasted pumpkin seeds for a snack. It was a BLAST. Then I carted that damned pumpkin home again, roasted it and froze the pulp to do a cooking lesson with them at another date.

Meanwhile I have made pumpkin pies, pumpkin kofta and a South Indian pumpkin dessert. It's a veritable pumpkin orgy around here. So Hawker's again for dinner. Cheap and cheerful go to meal when I am overtired. A good day of productive meetings with elegant solutions proposed by co-conspirators. I can't find the cable to connect my laptop to the date projector for tomorrow's lesson so I am putting that out there into the universe so that either Peter or I dream about where it is in this house, post renovations.

I did a big clean up this past weekend and chucked a good number of my diaries into the recycling. They were full of boring observations and lists of errands. Hah! It's all a part of the process. I wish I would have made more notes about the weather. My grandma's diaries are full of observations about the weather--so important on the prairies where farmers live or die by it. Here it's more a matter of "Which Lululemon outfit will I wear today?"

CBC 1 has a very good podcast of an interview with Steig Larsson's wife. I think she's amazing. http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2010/10/oct-1310-pt-1-eva-gabrielsson.html

No comments: