Resources

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Concert

The grimacing snowman was created by the kindergarten class. I think it looks like The Penguin from Batman. The hat kept falling off and the scarf got dragged down in someone's coat. A comedy of errors that charmed the audience.

I love our Christmas concert because it is not afraid of the C word, but proudly celebrates Hanuka, Kwanza, and Winter Solstice as well. It is a celebration of color, song, fellowship, and peace. Okay, I'll admit that the song that made me cry was the theme song from the Beijing Olympics because one of the boys performed the lyrics in sign language for his mom.

This year we will have a quiet Christmas because of dad's illness. He feels terribly guilty for the change of plans. "I wrecked Christmas," he says. I tried to reassure him that everything will be fine. We'll just have another Christmas in February.

Vancouver is a snowy Lotus Land today. I look forward to doing Christmas errands, trudging slowly through the white stuff. Have fun in the snow! And if you need a giggle today, check out the cute animal song video here.

No comments: