Resources

Friday, December 26, 2008

Burning Pudding

We've been gifted with a seemingly endless supply of snowflakes this Christmas. We walked to grandma and grandpa's house through snow that was sometimes two feet deep. Yes, dear reader I fell on my butt twice. The first time I had turned to look at a cedar waxwing, took a step backwards and poof, down she goes. The second time I just simply tripped and went ass over teakettle.

The sun was setting over a white city when we arrived. Their back yard is filling up with snow just as ours has, but as you can see gran and gramps actually own a snow shovel.

A spectacular seed head graces the entrance to the garage.

Once we got settled inside we had bubbly in front of the fire while we opened our gifts. I ate one of my cadeaux--a rose-flavored chocolate from Chocolataas. Very good.

Meanwhile, the turkey suntans on the barbecue.

Et voila! The bird, she is ready to be eaten.


Brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, squash, and cranberry sauce fill us up to the top of our silver hats. This is the first year I have ever received a nail clipper in my Christmas cracker.


Doused with rum (or what is brandy?) the sacrificial pudding goes up in flames. We eat it with the strangely inappropriately named hard sauce.

ETA: Ules assures me it was brandy.

1 comment:

MB said...

merry christmas, you.