Resources

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bach and Twigs

I am grooving on the Bach Fugue we are singing in choir--I keep humming it to myself at bus stops. The other day I was forced to wait in line at the bank while the business customers went ahead of me in line (which ALWAYS pisses me off) so I decided to sing while I waited. This made the staff very uncomfortable and I was served quickly. I highly reccommend this tactic and I will use it again.

Collecting twigs for workshops and bits and bobs for supplies.  I'll say this for the 100th time. I NEED to organize my workshop supplies. ACK! Anyway, between Ruby Dog and Urban Source I have been getting fun things to work with at low prices and getting back into the materiality of art.

Picked up a blood-orange curd-filled doughnut at Lucky's today. As my friend Lois says, "What is it with hipsters and fat?" And then there's all these annoying people who have given up some specific ingredient for lent and make everyone run circles trying to accommodate them.  Strewth. Wait--why not try to give up selfishness for Lent?

I'm not giving up doughnuts, obviously. I'm giving up on Lent. Shrug.




No comments: