Resources

Monday, July 9, 2012

It's Finally Sizzlin'

Now we have sun and beautiful mauve sunsets. It FINALLY feels like summer. I am happiest early in the morning and late at night when it is cool and breezy. My plants are so happy and when my plants are happy, I am happy.

I bought a giant half a watermelon today, which is fun and we are planning a dinner tomorrow night with friends in the garden, so I'll make a big fruit salad. I am obsessed with crossword puzzles. It's the only thing my brain can do in the midday heat. I had a very pleasant evening prepping bamboo on the front steps today for some workshops I'm leading.

We are really strapped for cash this summer so I am lunching on mac and cheese from the box and plain old grilled cheese sandwiches--with salad greens, of course. Pinching pennies is exhausting. Soon those will be gone too and in time, the expression itself--except in obscure crossword puzzles.

Our hops vine is once again full of lady bugs. I watched the ladybug larvae munching on aphids. It's hard work for the little larvae.

I had three sightings of anise swallowtail butterflies today. Who can say if it was the same one?

No comments: