Resources

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Perfectly Summer

A cool breeze and sunny skies. It's my perfect day.

Watched: Shroud for a Nightingale by PD James with Roy Marsden. It's got a solid cast, but was shot on cheap video stock with the annoying glare factor. Marsden's Dalgliesh is very dry and clipped in this effort. It feels like it must be one of the earlier ones they shot of the novels.

Read: A Mortal Curiosity by Ann Granger. The two narrators are slightly annoying, but I love the image of the two Victorian maiden aunts who dress in matching gowns.

In the dye pot: Green tea was a bust, but at least it will have helped mordant the fabric. I boiled up some elecampane heads, but the color was brackish yellow/brown so what the heck, I added oregon grape berry juice and the color on cotton came out a lovely lavender grey. I've put some silk in a jar with this dye. One of the bundles was wrapped around a burdock root which definitely gave off a yellow hue.

Craving: Ever since the tequila shots at the Blim opening on Friday I am craving margueritas. So today I brewed some lemon verbena tea and squeezed in lime juice sweetened with a bit of agave nectar and poured over sparkling water. Very refreshing. The food on Friday was incredible. I'll have to post the menu. I'm also craving salad with a Vietnamese dressing and that Hawaiian raw fish salad Michael made on Friday. Awesome.

No comments: