Resources

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions Close to the Bone

There are many beautiful restaurants in Vancouver, but my favorite place to go is still Aphrodite's, which serves beautiful fresh, organic food in a lovely heritage building. I always take a browse through Banyen Books after I eat lunch which is very inspiring and calming. That's exactly what I did today before I headed down to the beach at Point Grey Park to gaze at the horizon.

Every year I make 100 resolutions for the New Year. Yes, 100. I do a stream of consciousness exercise and get them down on the page. I've done it for years. This year my resolutions follow some general patterns, so I have broken them down into 12 main points.

1) Accepting the aging process with humility, grace and dignity.
2) Recycling more, consuming less.
3) Creating more, consuming less.

4) Learning more about gardening.
5) Stepping up my cooking reperatoire.
6) Being more tender and understanding with people.

7) Forming a creativity support circle.
8) Blogging and writing honestly and close to the bone.
9) Cleaning the clutter out of the house.
10) Reach a higher level of professionalism in my work.
11) Lose the frickin' weight and get fit!
12) Be more focused within my goals.

So there you have it. Small steps. Good luck with your resolutions and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Thanks, Lori!
Just sat and wrote out my 100 (an awful lot of purging going on!). I would love join you in a creativity circle, if you'd have me.
cheers, Jean
(who is going to love her chickens this year)

Beespeaker said...

Yay Jean! Yes, I was thinking of you as a member of the circle for sure. I'll talk to you soon.

MB said...

100 resolutions! I love it! I'll do it! So far I've got: learning how to drive, and washing my hands more often! woo hoo!