Resources

Friday, October 24, 2008

Those Who Wander are Never Lost


Our friends have taken the plunge and sold their house. Now they are going to take their family on the road, traveling for a year before they move out east. I must say, I felt a bittersweet pang of sadness when I saw the "sold" sticker on their sign this week. We have spent time celebrating and sharing birthday parties, potluck dinners, block parties, and just the daily events of our lives. Selfishly, we hope they still consider our neighborhood their true home.


Tuesday and Wednesday were dry and warm so I had time to start clearing out the garden and harvesting the hops. The hops have a resinous garlic scent, which surprised me. They don't smell like beer at all!


I thought I saw a recipe for hops jelly once, but now I can't find it. If anyone sees one, please let me know. Otherwise, these babies will go to a friend who makes homemade beer.

1 comment:

MB said...

You have a good life.