Resources

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Work, Work, Work

My work is seasonal, and it shifts. Right now it's about collecting and sorting seeds and getting words on the page. It's been a while since I wrote a solo show--about 7 or 8 years. It's fun to be able to take up space on the page and stage again. I  promise silly costumes and filthy language. There will be cleavage. I'm keeping it pretty light, and making myself have fun.

I love the softening of the light. I walked to the library and just admired the quality of light around me. Not having to water and not having to walk my son to school literally saves me hours out of my day which I fill with cups of tea and words, words, words.

Being in the moment, planning for the future and musing on the past: fall is full of all three for me, braiding it all together in soft, muted colors. Lately I've longed for someone to braid my hair, like a child. Hopefully, after the seedy workshops I will be able to clean up the plant matter in the house and get some more space happening. After all, I've got to get this script up and moving now.



No comments: