Resources

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mysteries of the Brain

So it seems there's a bit of a problem with my brain these days. Even though I have created a performance piece called Brain Dress it's been a few years since I did any reading on the subject on the "leetle grey cells" as Hercule Poirot would say. A few weeks back I began to suffer from some persistent and egregious symptoms affecting the way I perceive the world. I'm being somewhat oblique here because I'm hoping it (whatever it is) just goes away. Here's the thing--I'm curious how much people actually think about the health of your brain. Apparently meditation keeps your brain young. Someone I met recently highly recommends it to stay youthful. Our culture is so focused on the body that we forget about the health and beauty of the mind.

I am looking for answers when and where I can. In the meantime, I just have to make my life as simple as possible right now and just try not to get too stressed out. I am looking for simple physical tasks I can do in my art practice to re-connect those wires in my mind that seem to have fried themselves out.

2 comments:

MB said...

Hey there

You OK?

Seems to me you have a fine and youthful brain....

Sorry you're feeling stressed.

Go to the beach!

xo
M

Unknown said...

crosswords?
scrabble?